Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Day 21: 3 Full Weeks Here!

Late tonight marks 3 full weeks that we have been here in the hospital! So hard to believe that this has been our life now for 21 days! I had no idea when I left our house that Wednesday night 3 weeks ago that I wouldn't ride in a car, be in the same house with the girls or leave on hospital on my own for what will likely be just over ONE month!! To be honest, I think I am thankful that I didn't know any of that on April 3rd...
So here we are 21 looonngg days later...but thankfully the weeks seem to have gone by a little faster than the individual days. But we have a little son who is still growing safely in my tummy. Because of this hopefully there will be about 60 days less in the NICU for him (21 days in my tummy equals about 63 days less in the NICU). Our girls have been so patient  and understanding and such troopers with the whole situation and so has our extended family who has stepped in to care for them so lovingly when Mom (literally) could not be there! We have had so many people check on us, encourage us and pray for us during this journey too!
Brent has always been a very active Dad with all the girls and helped extra and willingly with them and around the house too even before these past 3 weeks, but he has stepped up in a way this past 3 weeks that has been incredible. He has run his full time job, seen the girls every couple of days to check on them, given the extended family a break, kept me encouraged and has spent every night, except 2, at the hospital with Little Buddy and me! I am so thankful for him!
So while 3 weeks feels like a very, very long time to be in a hospital, there is much we choose to be thankful for in these 21 days as well!
So we press on through 3 and 4 weeks up ahead,day by day, thanking God for His Faithfulness to us!
In exciting news too, we may have a "birth " date (day they will induce if he does not arrive on his own before then) confirmed very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment